Animated video is an engaging instrument that can help you tell your story more comprehensively. 65% of people are visual learners, and 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual. According to molecular biologist John Medina, vision is our most dominant sense, taking up half of our brain’s resources. And visual information is processed 60,000x faster than text.
For those reasons, there has been an inevitable shift towards visual content on social media. Just last year, the number of video posts per person has increased 94% in the US alone. Currently Facebook averages more than 4 billion video streams every day. Then there’s the picture superiority effect in which pictures and images are more likely to be remembered than words.
Here’s some statistics that will make you want to use more video in your marketing:
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80%
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product/service in a video
- YouTube users watch more than 3 billion hours of video per month, according to YouTube
If video is not part of your content marketing strategy yet, the time to start using it to market your product is now.